Theory Canada 6 is the sixth of a series of annual conferences organized by the Division of Theoretical Physics of the Canadian Association of Physicists. The conferences are planned to be held annually immediately preceding the CAP Congress, and will be held at the regional institute or center for theoretical physics that is appropriate. The host institute for this year's conference is the Grenfell campus of Memorial Univesity. The motivation for such a conference is to enable researchers to get together and interact with their colleagues from across Canada as well as from across the spectrum of theoretical physics. Geographic separation and sheer distance are formidable barriers to collaborative research and to a fruitful exchange of ideas. Theory Canada will bring together a large cross section of Canadian theoretical physicists who can report on their activities annually. We hope furthermore that the conference will provide a useful forum for discussion of the state of and the future of Canadian theoretical physics. The proposed scientific themes for the conference and outline of the schedule are:
- Program is posted here!
- To accomodate the new CAP schedule the travel to St. John's is scheduled for Sunday (June 12) aftenoon.
- The Atlantic General Relativity meeting
- An organized full-day excursion to Gros Morne National Park
- Advances in Nuclear and Particle Theory
- New Developments in Mathematical Physics and Field Theory
- Quantum Information
- The Atlantic General Relativity Meeting and Theory Canada 6 joined reception
- Travel to St. John's for the CAP Congress by chartered bus
The organizing committee: